Sunday, October 26, 2008

Brenda & Lee Ann Write -- Sunday, Oct. 26

Brenda Artrip writes:

Sunday in Bangui…we’ve worshiped with Africans in French and then with kids this evening in Sango…FABULOUS!!! My husband (Hi Honey) prayed that today would be the best worship of my life today and his prayer was answered. I just kept thinking that someday I would be worshiping with these believers in heaven and no translator would be needed.

This evening we attended a PHC neighborhood group. They had lots of singing and a Bible lesson on John 3:16. Their offering was a contest between boys and girls…you should have seen them when we added out coins to the piles – girls won!!!!!

I met my future "daughter-in-law" there. My new friend Laura (a fabulous missionary working here with us) helped me talk to some of the girls. I asked them if they knew Delphin and one of the girls lit up like a Christmas tree at the mention of his name, “Oh yes, that’s a boy I know! I’m going to marry him!” I told her that I would come back to dance at the wedding!” Oh, you have seen the giggling. She posed for a picture of me and continued to giggle the whole.

All for Jesus – Brenda

Lee Ann Parsons writes:

Today I have been thinking so much about, “This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad it.” We rejoiced at worship this morning in an outdoor church with a cool breeze and no humidity. There were about 100 African believers there during the service. The message was from Matthew on the judgment of believers. He had a very clear message on how we should live day to day. Then, this afternoon, what fun we had at the group meeting with about 50 or 60 young believers of all ages who will start school this week. I got to meet Ornella who is the child of Sharon and Jim Edwards. I have wonderful pictures for the Edwards, and Ornella told me how much she appreciates their love and support. Barb worked with her on reading the Bible while wearing several different pairs of glasses which they sent with me. The teachers will know best what will help her with reading. Each day reinforces the beauty and wonder of reaching beautiful children with God’s love. We “rejoice” each day in our unique experience and are “glad” to have the opportunity to see PHC first hand as they provide so much for these dear children who live in Bangui.

No comments: